Easemont could be translated into Mountain Easy. Come stay awhile in this home located in the historic district of Satulah Mountain, downtown Highlands, North Carolina.
As soon as you enter, you will feel like you’re at home. The expansive living and dining area has lots of windows to allow natural light as well as provide beautiful views of the verdant canopy of which Highlands is known. This room, with beautiful hardwood floors, pine paneled walls and high-beamed ceiling has a lodge feel flanked by a beautiful, stone-faced wood-burning fireplace at one end and doors to the open deck on the other end. From the deck, there are views of Blue Valley and South Carolina from one side and views of Brushy Face and into Tennessee from the other side, and with beautiful tree cover to provide shade.
Easemont is a comfortable home providing everything you need for an enjoyable stay in the mountains. The kitchen, reminiscent of yesteryear, has everything needed for quick bites to sit-down dinners. The living area on the main level offers conversation areas, dining and a table for games. There are two bedrooms and two baths on the main level. The primary bedroom has a king bed and a private bathroom. The other bedroom has a twin trundle bed and a private bathroom.
The lower level has a family room with a large TV, ample seating and access to the lower-level covered porch with a hammock and seating area. This level has two bedrooms, one with a Queen bed and private bath, and a bedroom with 2 twins that has shared access to a full bathroom.
Other things you need to know:
* This home does not have air conditioning. The era in which this home was built hardly ever had A/C, and the owners of this home have never felt the need for artificial air. There is good cross-ventilation with open windows and there are ceiling fans which help on the warmest days. Highlands is known for being ‘air-conditioned by nature.’
*This home has WiFi- instructions for use in the home. The 65” Roku-based/ smart TV in the lower family room is easy to use, but there are instructions in the home if you need help and have an abundance of other information about how to access the channels you want to see.
* The washer/dryer is in a large utility/storage room on the lower level.
* There are two decks, the upper deck has comfortable seating for dining, and conversation and the lower deck has closer-quartered comfortable seating and a hammock. Either one can be your oasis, and having a choice makes it nice, no matter what the weather.
* There is a Kamado/Egg-style grill on the main level deck that is available for use IF you’re familiar with those types of grills.
* Highlands is not Disney. There are many beautiful sights to see, waterfalls to see, trails to hike, etc. but our naturalized area isn’t without danger. Please plan ahead and be aware of your surroundings and watch your footing when exploring.
*The area in which this home is located, The Historic District of Satulah Mountain is a residential area. This home is in a private area, but there are neighbors nearby. It is expected that all guests will treat this home, the area and Highlands with respect. The access roads are narrow and are shared with hikers. You may see a bear or other wildlife, too! In Highlands, especially in private areas, you may not feel the need to lock your car doors or even the door to your home because of low crime rates, but we encourage you to do so because the bears in Highlands have learned to open doors. We are in their neighborhood.
Please contact a Chambers Realty representative if you have any questions about this home. We are pleased to be able to offer Easemont to the public and hope that guests will appreciate the charm of this home and the Highlands area.